Friday, January 8, 2016

Bow Tie Guy of the Day: Red Panda




Red Panda (red ˈpandə)

There are less than 10,000 Red Pandas in the wild. They predominately live within the Eastern Himalayas and are threatened by deforestation of the trees they live in and the bamboo, getting caught in traps meant for other animals and for poaching. If you want to find out more on how you can help save them you can go to the World Wildlife Federation here.

I thought it would be good to show a little of my process. I start out collecting a large amount of images. I have recently found that Instagram and Pintrest have a great deal more images than just a google search. I started a pint rest page of animal references that can be found here (Pintrest Site.)





I then do a number of sketches getting used to different proportions. This is a particular animal I have been struggling with. Here are a number of sketches I did before I felt comfortable enough to do a final. I think it is important to realize that we do not always get it on the first try. It is also important to explore options and allow yourself to do some bad drawings. This is the way I learn. It gets frustrating at times, but I always work through it.

No comments: