Saturday, August 29, 2026

Small and Simple Things

 


I believe that through small and simple things great things can be brought to pass.

A little over six years ago, I was approached to create a mural. I started working on it with an artistic fervor, but as things often turn out, for various reasons beyond mine and the clients control, the city never approved the project. I had a love for it and wanted to see something completed. So I continued to work on it. 2 weeks ago, after over 6 years of putting in 15 minutes here and and 20 minutes there, finding time between class prep, teaching, family, and other responsibilities I finally finished it. The illustration will now be on display for 9 months in the first ever Vermont State University Faculty Art Exhibit. 

It was through many small individual drawings small moments of time over many years that this came to pass.

The opening exhibit is in the Quimby Gallery at the VTSU Lyndon campus on Thursday, September 3 at 6:00. In October it will travel to Castleton, then Johnson in January, and will complete its tour of the campuses in Randolph in the spring.


No comments: