Thursday, February 4, 2016

Bow Tie Guy of the Day: Rolling Stone


Rolling Stone (ˈrōliNG stōn)

A number of years ago my oldest daughter was asking for a pet. I do not remember what she wanted at that time. I do remember my answer. “the best pet is a pet rock. You should get a pet rock.”

That year for Christmas she got me a pet rock. She had painted a bow tie on it and adhered some pipe cleaning glasses to it. I loved it! 

She now has a cat.

I also like what Joseph Smith said about himself in relation to a rolling stone: “I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force against religious bigotry, priest-craft, lawyer-craft, doctor-craft, lying editors, suborned judges and jurors, and the authority of perjured executives, backed by mobs, blasphemers, licentious and corrupt men and women—all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there. Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty.”

Although, I have not gone through nearly as much as he has, I still feel this way.

No comments: