Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sketches, Rick Riordan


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take my eldest daughter to a presentation by Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus. The gathering was in celebration of the release of the last book of the Heroes of Olympus series. 

It was a good three hour drive to the Boston area. When we got there we waited in line for another two and a half hours. We had repurchased tickets, but we wanted good seats. It was surprising to be in a synagogue with hundreds of screaming 12 year old young women. I didn't think an author could have that kind of rock-star status. I am grateful my daughter has such a reserved demeanor. 

I was impressed by his humor and presentation skills. It was fun. He ended up talking more about the cover art work than the actual books. As an illustrator I found that interesting. 

Of course I took the opportunity to do a sketch of him while he spoke.


No comments: