Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Bow Tie Guy


I have found it helpful to take a break from all that is needed to do and just draw something for the pure enjoyment of drawing.

I like to add spot illustrations that relate to my classes on the syllabi. It is my fun way of branding myself and my classes. I like to see if the students get the connection between the illustration and the course and it is just fun.

For years I have had an old sketch on my Portfolio and Senior Thesis syllabi that I just didn't feel was the right fit. While feeling overwhelmed with planning for the semester and other stresses, I took a much needed break and drew this out. It had been floating around in my head for some time and needed to get to paper.

I also find drawing elephants particularly challenging. Every time I think I have them down I realize there is something new about their form. They are fascinatingly awkward and odd.

No comments: