Monday, March 31, 2014

This Weekend at the Norman Rockwell Museum.



This past Saturday, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the opening of Murray Tinkelman's Exhibit, Baseball, Rodeos, and Automobiles, at the Norman Rockwell Museum. Not only is Murray an incredible illustrator, but he has been one of the driving influences in my life as an artist. His passion for illustration and his expertise as an instructor pushed me to want more of myself. His was the first Art history class that I could stay awake in.
To sit amongst the Four Freedoms by Norman Rockwell and listen to him again was incredible.
In addition to seeing Murray and Carol Tinkelman again, I was able to see fellow classmates from Syracuse and Hartford, Ted Michalowski, Anne Catharine Blake, and Yong Chen. I was also able to catch up with my other great professors, Ted and Betsy Lewin, Bill Thomson, Doug Anderson, Lisa Cyr, and Denis Nolan. It was a great evening of great art and wonderful friends.

No comments: