Friday, June 17, 2011

12 Dancing Princesses

Twelve Dancing Princesses is the first show for the Vermont Children's Theater this summer. I love doing work for them.
It seemed to me the most obvious option would be to illustrate the 12 princesses dancing. As I thought about it, I realized the amount of worn out dancing shoes would be enormous. I thought this would be a great image that depicts a quite, but humorous moment behind the scenes. Hiding shoes in a few spots was particularly entertaining for me.
The best moment working on this was when I was at the computer painting the illustration and my youngest daughter was at my drawing table drawing. She wanted me to make all the shoes pink. I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

The show runs July 8 at 7 pm and july 9 and 10th at 2 pm at the Vermont Children's Theater. The shows are fun to watch.

No comments: