Thursday, August 14, 2008

Weekly Bow-Tie Guy


The Short Beaked Echidna (əˈkidnə):

What can I say, I really like odd-looking creatures. I found this one at the Fairbanks Museum in St Johnsbury Vermont, while drawing with my summer illustration class. They are also referred to as the spiny anteater. I see it as a cross between a hedgehog and a duck. They can be found in Australia and New Guinea, and are from the same order as the duck-billed platypus (Monotremata). So they are egg-laying mammals.

I am currently using the “Bow Tie Guys” as part of my brand. They appear on my business cards, letterhead, mailing labels. etc. I have had some success with them helping me get my foot into the children’s picture book market.

I hope to be posting one on a weekly basis. If you have any suggestions on different things you would like to see with glasses, a bow tie and a sweater-vest, please send them my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting a blog! I look forward to reading your bow-tie exploits!

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Great going Barclay!

How about a big old crow! Rackham drew them all the time. Keep the history going.

Debbie Alden said...

How about a downunder theme, kangaroo, koala, tasmanian devil to name a few.

Barclay said...

Deb,

I have a few from downunder already and I have been working on many of the ones you suggested. I will post them when they are ready.

Barclay