Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year and a Goal for 2016

I am labeling 2016 “The Year of the Bow Tie Guy.” Just because I can.

In an attempt for me to draw more, I have set the goal to draw and post a Bow Tie Guy once a day, five days a week, for the year of 2016. There will be random posts, posts honoring individuals I look up to and that have influenced me. Periods of themed Bow Tie Guys, and numerous other approaches to the project. I hope to explore mediums and continue to improve my drawing and creative skills. In the end I hope to have 260 or more new Bow Tie Guys. I am also crazy.

Since I will not be posting on Saturdays and Sundays, this Ent is in honor of J.R.R. Tolkien who was born on January 3, 1982. His writings have influenced me greatly. The last time I read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I realized how masterful Tolkien is with his writing. Not only does he choose his words wonderfully but the way he structures his sentences is musical.

No comments: