Saturday, March 31, 2018

#50 of 100 Elephants: The Blossoming Elephadill


Half way through the 100 Elephants. I was again struggling to figure out where to go. I had drawn the frogephant and while waiting for a movie to start, I came up with this idea.

I thought I should mention where I got this idea as well. This last summer I was searching different programs and came across a show called The New Creatives on BYU TV. I would highly recommend watching it.

The first feature was on Jake Parker, and Illustrator and Animator and the creator of Inktober. He had challenged himself to create 100 robots. I was impressed with the idea and the creative challenge that this presented. I incorporated it into my Visual Arts Seminar class and I challenged myself to do it as well.

I see creativity as a muscle that needs to be exercised on a regular basis in order for it to be strengthened. I was so impressed with what my students did.

No comments: