Tuesday, January 23, 2018

#1 of 100 Elephants

This last semester I gave my introductory visual arts class an assignment to create 100 somethings. I took the challenge myself and created 100 different elephants. It was an incredible exercise in creativity. I often found myself stuck and then would have this burst of inspiration using my ideas to unique and new directions. I also determined to go completely traditional and practice my use of the pen.

It was frustrating and exciting.

These will be on display in the Quimby Gallery at Lyndon State College between January 23 and March 16 as part of the the minuscule, wee teensy-weensy, tiny, itsy-bitsy, itty-bitty, eensy, infinitesimal, very small miniature diminutive, lilliputian mini art show with a mega LARGE title” exhibit. Anyone can create a work of art that is 2 x 3.5 inches and send it to the gallery between Jan 23 and March 13 and it will be hung.

In addition to that I will be selling the original 100 elephants for $5 each. If you are interested contact me. I am in the process of setting up an online store and will announce when that is done.

No comments: