Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sketching at Meetings: Johnson State College's President Elaine Collins

Because of my responsibilities at Lyndon State College, I find myself in many meetings. I really have found a great joy in drawing Johnson State College's President Elaine Collins. This is one of my favorites. I drew this yesterday at a community conference discussing the “unification” of Lyndon and Johnson. If all goes according to plan she will be the president of the new unified institution.

I don't discuss politics much. I find them to be humorous and best and down right ridiculous in most cases. It is a funny and frustrating dance of power, and looking out for ones own interest. One of the Vermont State Senators and an alum of Lyndon chose his words carefully. When he questioned the chancellor about the idea he called it “this unification scheme.” I couldn't help but think there was a reason for his choice of words. I had to laugh.

No comments: